Tahlequah Area Habitat for Humanity holds workshops annually to select Habitat homeowners.
To qualify you must:
For more information, contact us at:
- Be a resident of Cherokee County for at least one year.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Legal U.S. Resident.
- Have steady employment and be able to pay back a mortgage.
- Be willing to accept a house on a lot owned by TAHFH, OR own suitable land for house building that is paid for with a clear title.
- Meet HUD low-income guidelines.
- Be willing to apply for a USDA low interest mortgage. We will help you fill out the forms.
- Earn enough to pay back a mortgage without consuming more than 30% of your income. That amount varies depending on the house size for which you qualify..
- Be willing to partner or work closely with TAHFH and help build your house.
- To learn about other requirements, contact TAHFH.
- Homeownership Guidelines 2016
Office phone: 918.453.1332
| || |